Reference, Technology, and Cataloging Librarian (30 hr./week)
Are you a secret (or not so secret) tech geek? Do you have a welcoming, friendly attitude? Are you ready to work with a great team?
The Jefferson Public Library is seeking a Technology/Cataloging/ Reference Librarian. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining and troubleshooting staff and public computers/devices in conjunction with an outside IT consultant. Selecting hardware for a variety of applications.
• Assisting customers and staff in the use of the library and its print and electronic resources, including helping customers with databases, software, internet, and personal devices.
• Providing reference services to public; answering questions, assisting with research, and locating outside resources.
• Collection development and evaluation of adult materials in assigned areas (Audio and Graphic books).
• Cataloging adult collection materials, and serving as a cataloging resource to staff.
• Developing and maintaining the library’s social media presence.
• Providing reader’s advisory services, offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies and music.
• Maintaining awareness of new developments and trends in the field through professional journals, workshops, conferences, etc.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with coworkers at all levels, volunteers, community organizations, and the public.
• Collaborating with adult services staff and contributing to programming experiences for adults.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys helping people of all ages, engages well with others, and is outgoing.
• Is a team player who can fill multiple roles in a work day.
• Is comfortable with instruction/teaching, in groups or one-on-one.
• Is knowledgeable about the philosophy and techniques of library services.
• Has practical knowledge about library materials, resources and programs of interest to adults.
This position requires a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school. Library experience desirable. Knowledge of and skills in library technology a must. This position is scheduled for 30 hours per week with day, evening and weekend hours required. Pay range is $19.19-$24.75 per hour (DOQ).
Pro-rated benefits include: paid time off, paid holidays, Wisconsin Retirement System, deferred compensation options, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, AFLAC participation, and a flexible spending account option.
Submit: Letter of application, current resume and three references to: Leann Schwandt Lehner, Director, Jefferson Public Library, 321 S. Main Street, Jefferson, WI 53549 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2017.