Youth Services Librarian
The ideal candidate enjoys working with children, teens, and adults, is well-versed in readers’ advisory for youth, cultivates strong community partnerships, thrives on change and continuous improvement, and embraces new technologies.
Under the general direction of the Library Director, with independent judgment and decision-making, the Youth Services Librarian is responsible for the organization, planning, development and operation of services to youth.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coaching Youth Services staff (1.4 FTEs).
- Managing and organizing the physical collection of materials for youth in all formats.
- Administering and developing a wide variety of children’s, teen, and family programs.
- Delivering reference and reader’s advisory services to patrons of all ages.
- Providing front-line library service to all customers, and creating a welcoming environment.
- Outreach to surrounding schools and organizations.
- Managing department budget.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An MLS/MLIS from an accredited entity preferred; may consider equivalent education and experience. Recent graduates and/or those graduating in six months are encouraged to apply.
- Two years’ experience in libraries, in youth services preferred; progressive responsibility desirable.
This full-time, 40-hour per week position includes regular daytime, evening and Saturday rotation hours. Salary starting at $47,736 (DOQ), with excellent benefits. For full job description click here: Youth Service Job Description. To apply, send letter of interest and resume, including three references to: Leann Schwandt Lehner, Director, email@example.com, or 321 S. Main, Jefferson, WI 53549
First review of applications will begin on Monday, January 27, 2020.