We recognize the importance of book clubs, and will support your group in this way:
- Have each member place a hold on the book club selection. They have a choice of pick up location. Once notified the item is available, the item will be held 3-7 days depending on pick up location. This is the best option for ensuring book club members get the books to accommodate their reading schedule. Keep in mind, we cannot provide extended checkouts, but individuals may try to renew an item and if there are no holds, keep the item longer.
- Use one of the book club kits listed in Café Catalog. There are many titles to choose from. Kits contain multiple copies of the same title, plus information about the author and discussion questions.
- Choose titles that are not new or popular. Best to look ahead for a title to see if enough copies are available. Library staff can provide suggestions.
- If you need additional copies that are not available through Café, we can try to order through WISCAT. Items obtained through WISCAT/ILL have their own set of rules. ILL items have a set due date (usually shorter) with no renewals. ILL items checked out at Jefferson Public Library must be returned to Jefferson Public Library.
- Still have questions or need more help? Please see staff for assistance.